Clark Riley will present his thoughts on deflasking orchids based on 50 years worth of experience. Clark has been an active orchid grower since 1957. He grows a wide range of orchids, including several thousand terrestrials, hardy species, lady slippers, Brazilian laelias, and specialty phalaenopsis.
NCOS Beginner Orchid Series: Help! Bugs are Eating my Orchids!
Monday April 19 from 7-8pm EST
In this 60-minute Workshop, Sarah Hurdel, will help you figure out what is eating your orchids. Sarah will share her tips for identifying and preventing common orchid pests, including advice on choosing a treatment. This workshop is good for all orchid growers from beginner to more experienced.
Here are some of our upcoming events:
- April 19, 7-8pm EST: NCOS Beginner Orchid Series-Help, Bugs are Eating my Orchids!
- April 19, 7:30-10:30pm EST: NCOS virtual Member Meeting-Tom Mirenda, Tom's African Adventures
- May 17, 7:30-10:30pm EST: NCOS virtual Member Meeting-Clark Riley, Orchids from Flasks, An Economical Launchpad for a Stellar Collection
- Sep 20, 7:30-10:30pm EST: NCOS virtual Member Meeting-speaker TBD
- Oct 18, 7:30-10:30pm EST: NCOS virtual Member Meeting-Bill Goldner, Woodstream Orchids
- Nov 15, 7:30-10:30pm EST: NCOS virtual Member Meeting-Francisco Miranda, Miranda Orchids
Founded in 1947
The National Capital Orchid Society Welcomes You!
We are a Community of orchid lovers in the greater Washington, DC region. The society was founded in 1947 and has been going strong ever since. We have over 100 active members in the District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, and beyond.
We invite you to join us and learn more about these fascinating, gorgeous plants!
Visit us on social media
We welcome anyone in the area to come to our events and become actively involved in our Community as a member. Some of the benefits of membership include:
- Behind the scenes access to the NCOS Orchid Show, including a preview party and early access to the sales area.
- Join us at the Summer Picnic for our plant swap and auction.
- Pre-orders from visiting speakers who often bring plants for sale.
- Access to a wealth of knowledge from other society members.
- The monthly newsletter, which includes up to date information and great photos.
- Member plants featured on our website and in on our social media channels.
- Field trips to members' greenhouses and orchid nurseries in the local area.