Our next monthly meeting will be on Monday November 18th at the National Arboretum's Visitor Center. Our speaker will be Fred Clarke of Sunset Valley Orchids. He is probably the world's leading hybridizer of Catasetinae orchids! The title of the presentation will be “Cycnoches, Mormodes, Catasetums: recent trends". Fred will have plants for sale. You can also pre-order from his website and have your exact choices delivered to the meeting. This should be an amazing evening and we hope that you will join us!
Here are some of our upcoming events:
- Nov 18: NCOS monthly meeting. Topic: "Growing Catasetums" with Fred Clark of Sunset Valley Orchids
- Dec 9: NCOS Holiday Party, Slide Show, Huntington Award
- Jan 25, 2020: NCOS Paph Forum, National Arboretum
- Jan 27, 2020: NCOS monthly meeting, speaker & title TBD
- Feb 15-17, 2020: NCOS Orchid Show, Homestead Nursery, Davidsonville MD
- March 16, 2020 - Thomas Sampler
- April 20, 2020 - Peter Lin of Diamond Orchids
- April 25, 2020 - the Annual Orchid Auction
- May 18, 2020 - Tom Mirenda
The National Capital Orchid Society Welcomes you!
We are a group of orchid afficionados in the greater Washington DC area. The group was founded in 1947 and has been going strong ever since. We have over 120 active members in the District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia and West Virginia.
We invite you to join us and learn more about these fascinating, gorgeous plants!
Visit our Facebook page
Consider joining our society!
We welcome anyone in the area to come to our events and become actively involved in our group as a full member. Some of the benefits of membership include:
- Behind the scenes access to the Fall Show, including a preview party and early access to the sales area.
- Join us at the Summer Picnic for our plant swap and auction.
- Pre-orders from visiting speakers who often bring plants for sale.
- Access to a wealth of knowledge from other club members, including an email discussion group.
- The monthly newsletter, which includes up to date information and great photos.
- The member directory
- Field trips to members' greenhouses and orchid nurseries in the local area.