Here are some of our upcoming events:
- Dec 9: NCOS Holiday Party, Slide Show, Huntington Award
- Jan 25, 2020: NCOS Paph Forum, National Arboretum
- Jan 27, 2020: NCOS monthly meeting, speaker & title TBD
- Feb 15-17, 2020: NCOS Orchid Show, Homestead Gardens Nursery, Davidsonville MD
- March 16, 2020 - Thomas Sampler
- April 20, 2020 - Peter Lin of Diamond Orchids
- April 25, 2020 - the Annual Orchid Auction
- May 18, 2020 - Tom Mirenda
The National Capital Orchid Society Welcomes you!
We are a group of orchid afficionados in the greater Washington DC area. The group was founded in 1947 and has been going strong ever since. We have over 120 active members in the District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia and West Virginia.
We invite you to join us and learn more about these fascinating, gorgeous plants!
Visit our Facebook page
Consider joining our society!
We welcome anyone in the area to come to our events and become actively involved in our group as a full member. Some of the benefits of membership include:
- Behind the scenes access to the NCOS Orchid Show, including a preview party and early access to the sales area.
- Join us at the Summer Picnic for our plant swap and auction.
- Pre-orders from visiting speakers who often bring plants for sale.
- Access to a wealth of knowledge from other club members, including an email discussion group.
- The monthly newsletter, which includes up to date information and great photos.
- The member directory
- Field trips to members' greenhouses and orchid nurseries in the local area.