Our next monthly meeting will be on Monday January 28th. The featured speaker will be Ron Burch. He will speak about "Extending Your Orchid Collection into Your Garden: Hardy Terrestrial Orchids for the Mid-Atlantic Region.". Ron will be bringing plants for sale. Visit the website for the Gardens at Post Hill. Due to the government shutdown, we will be meeting at the North Chevy Chase Christian Church in Chevy Chase, MD.
Here are some of our upcoming events:
- The 39th Annual Paph Forum will be Saturday January 26th, 2019 at the North Chevy Chase Christian Church.
- Jan 28 - NCOS monthly meeting at North Chevy Chase Christian Church
- January 31 – SOS show, Milton and Catherine Hershey Conservatory at Hershey Gardens
- February 2 – Orchid judging at NCJC: US National Arboretum Classroom – 10:30 - 4:30
- February 22- VOS show, Strange's Florists in Richmond Virginia
- February 25: NCOS monthly meeting. Topic: "Learn about creating a display for an away show"
- March 2 - Orchid judging at NCJC: US National Arboretum Classroom – 10:30 - 4:30
- March 3: NCOS board meeting at North Chevy Chase Christian Church
- March 8-10: MOS show at Maryland State Fair Grounds, Timonium MD.
- March 18: NCOS monthly meeting. Topic: "Growing Habenarias" with Sarah Hurdel
- March 23: CPOS away show at State College, PA
- April 5-7 : SEPOS away show at Greater Philly Expo Center, King of Prussia PA
- April 15th: NCOS monthly meeting. Topic: "Equitant Oncidiums (Tolumnias)" with Todd Brethauer
The National Capital Orchid Society Welcomes you!
We are a group of orchid afficionados in the greater Washington DC area. The group was founded in 1947 and has been going strong ever since. We have over 120 active members in the District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia and West Virginia.
We invite you to join us and learn more about these fascinating, gorgeous plants!
Visit our Facebook page
Consider joining our society!
We welcome anyone in the area to come to our events and become actively involved in our group as a full member. Some of the benefits of membership include:
- Behind the scenes access to the Fall Show, including a preview party and early access to the sales area.
- Join us at the Summer Picnic for our plant swap and auction.
- Pre-orders from visiting speakers who often bring plants for sale.
- Access to a wealth of knowledge from other club members, including an email discussion group.
- The monthly newsletter, which includes up to date information and great photos.
- The member directory
- Field trips to members' greenhouses and orchid nurseries in the local area.