An orchid in a deep forest sends out its fragrance even if no one is around to appreciate it.
Our society is made up of enthusiasts of all experience levels who teach and learn and ultimately grow the hobby. By joining the National Capital Orchid Society, will have the opportunity to interact with national and international speakers, growers, and experts through our meetings and special events.
- Monthly meetings (in person and via zoom)
- Monthly newsletter
- Access to win free orchids at monthly meetings
- Ability to sell plants at member plant sales tables
- Show off your plants and techniques at our monthly meetings
- Your show and tell photos are showcased on our social media
- Connect with likeminded members
- Login access to the member-only portion of our website
- Monthly Newsletter
- Weekly Spotlight e-mail highlighting plant sales, webinars and other educational opportunities, upcoming events and member announcements
- Member orchid photos are shared on our social media platforms
- Log-in access to members-only portion of our website
- Late January: The Paph Forum, a focused day dedicated to the cultivation of slipper orchids.
- Late February: NCOS Annual Orchid Show, attracting enthusiasts from across the Mid-Atlantic and nationally renowned vendors.
- Spring: The Annual Orchid Auction Attendees get access to specimen plants and stock from vendors across the country.
- Late June: Member’s Summer Picnic, an opportunity to enjoy the company of friends and family.
- December: NCOS holiday party; Members gather to celebrate the year, often reviewing the awards from that past year and exchange tips and tricks.
There are no upcoming events at this time
Our membership is made up of growers with a wide range of experience who share best practices and help each other. By becoming an active member of our community, you will have the opportunity to discuss how to grow these wonderful plants with other orchid growers, be provided access to plant stock from growers around the country and from the collections of other members, and receive regular communications about local events, activities, and orchid culture.
Please let us know if you have any questions. We look forward to hearing from you!