An orchid in a deep forest sends out its fragrance even if no one is around to appreciate it.
The National Capital Orchid Society (NCOS) is a diverse group of orchid enthusiasts in the greater Washington DC area who collect, grow, and share information on orchids. Join us and become a member of this vibrant community of hobbyists.
As a member, you will receive access to our monthly meetings and early access to registration and sneak peeks to our other sponsored events:
- The Paphiopedilum Forum, a focused day dedicated to the cultivation of slipper orchids.
- NCOS Annual Orchid Show, attracting enthusiasts from across the Mid-Atlantic and nationally renowned vendors.
- The Annual Orchid Auction Attendees get access to specimen plants and stock from vendors across the country.
- Member’s Summer Picnic, an opportunity to enjoy the company of friends and family.
- NCOS holiday party, Members gather to celebrate the year, often reviewing the awards from that past year and exchanging tips and tricks.
Our History and Our Future
The Society was founded in 1947 by a local orchid grower named Eugene Griffith. Read more out our vibrant 74-year history continue reading.
As we look to the future, NCOS remains committed to providing a robust member experience. By using the technologies available, we will create a more flexible experience, offing both in-person and virtual interactions. We will continue to focus on the cultivation and conservation of the Orchid family.
<!=========Slider View Template 2.9.4=========>
Join us for our Annual Member Picnic!Find out more »
Chevy Chase, MD 20815 United States
Details to be shared as the event draws closer. Check back often to learn more about this exciting event!Find out more »
Our membership is made up of growers with a wide range of experience who share best practices and help each other. By becoming an active member of our community, you will have the opportunity to discuss how to grow these wonderful plants with other orchid growers, be provided access to plant stock from growers around the country and from the collections of other members, and receive regular communications about local events, activities, and orchid culture.
Please let us know if you have any questions. We look forward to hearing from you!