Whether you are local or outside the Washington, DC metro area you can join every meeting virtually, so becoming a part of our Community just got easier!
Download the form 2022 NCOS Membership Form
Instructions for Using PayPal to pay NCOS Membership Dues
BENEFITS OF JOINING:
- Learn how to grow Orchids
Monthly member meetings feature a show table highlighting lots of blooming orchids and lectures by leading orchid experts. And, the monthly newsletter is filled with great photos and up-to-date information.
- Meet other orchid growers
At each meeting you will have the opportunity to meet other orchid growers, many of whom are beginners. Some of our members are experts themselves and have lectured or written on orchids. Others are photographers, artists, and enthusiasts all interested in orchids.
- Participate in orchid events
The NCOS has an annual orchid auction in the spring, and an orchid show and sale in the late winter. Both present opportunities to purchase new plants and meet with professional orchid growers. A forum devoted to slipper orchids is also held in late January. In addition, trips are organized to regional orchid shows, orchid nurseries, and to the field to see native orchids in bloom. NCOS members help organize numerous other orchid related events and activities throughout the year.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
- Yearly membership dues are $30 per individual or $45 for household membership (2 or more members at the same residence).
WHERE AND WHEN ARE MEETINGS HELD?
Our member meetings are the 3rd Monday of the month. You can attend in-person or virtually.
Our meeting location is the The North Chevy Chase Christian Church and requires that:
- All visitors be fully vaccinated
- People inside the building will be required to wear masks.
- We will not have any shared food or refreshments
- Doors open at 6:30 PM and members are invited to start arriving and setting up any plants they have for the show table.
- Entries for the Show Table should be placed in the appropriate category on the show table by 7:15 PM.
- Show table judges will be selected and judging will begin between 7:15 and 7:30 PM.
- The NCOS business meeting will start at 8:00 PM and the speaker’s presentation will start after the business meeting concludes (usually 15-20 min). Show Table results are announced after the speaker’s presentation concludes and members depart the meeting by 10:00 PM.
The Meeting will open with the opportunity for members to share what they have blooming and socialize virtually with each other.
- Once the speaker starts, all virtual members will be muted.
- Questions should be logged in the chat menu during this time and will be relayed via the virtual facilitator.